It is not easy to care for a loved one with a life-limiting illness. It can take a physical, social, emotional, and mental toll. Many family caregivers look to hospice for assistance in caring for a loved one during the end-of-life journey. A hospice provider can support the patient’s medical, emotional, and spiritual needs and allow family members to enjoy the limited time with their loved one.
Hospice is a care service that provides hope, comfort, and care for those who only have six months or less to live. With this type of care, patients and their families can experience a more enhanced quality of life creating more meaningful memories together. That is why it is essential that when searching for your hospice provider, you know what kind of agency and hospice programs you are looking for. When considering a hospice provider, ensure that the provider has the following qualities:
- Flexibility to serve in various locations or settings
- A physician on staff and multiple facets of medical support
- A good reputation from past clients and quick to respond to any critical situations
- Different levels of care and services that can be customized according to the unique needs of the patient
- Specialized training and certification in hospice care and pain and symptom management by all members of the hospice team
- Accredited by a national hospice accrediting body
Remembrance Hospice is your trusted provider for hospice and comfort care in Medina, Ohio. It is our passion to serve those facing life-limiting circumstances and their families in our community. If you’d like to know more about the services we offer, feel free to call us today.